Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Wave Table

www.voila-art.com
When I was designing this table my wife and I had just had just gotten back from the beach. Even though we were home our thoughts of where we had been were still with us. The ocean has a way of cleaning your mind of the every day stresses that we all bare. The strength and characteristics of the waves and the treasures that they wash up onto the beach are of constant interest. Cindy looks for sea glass and heart shaped rocks for her collection jar while I admire drift wood and stones of various shapes and colors. So this was my inspiration for this piece. I thought wouldn't it be cool to have a table that would represent the good feelings that the ocean gives us. As the wave curls, it's powerful under tow carves the sand beneath  into the tear drop shapes that display the treasures from your last visit to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment